Join 401 other followers
- Glasgow Events P&O demo. Red and Black Clydeside bookfair, trans pride scotland. kenmure st celeb
- Glasgow Events Fwd: Kill the Bill Protest. George Square this Saturday 15th 2:00
- Glasgow Events TONIGHT Asylum seeker solidarity and glasgow mutual aid
- Glasgow Events Autonomy Update 6th July 2018
- Glasgow Events Autonomy Update 12th June 2018
- Glasgow Events Autonomy Update 29 April 2018
- Glasgow Events Mini-update 23rd March
- Glasgow Events Autonomy Update 4 March 2018
- Glasgow Events Autonomy Update 30/1/18
- Glasgow Events Autonomy Update Jan 8 2018
Tagsacab alexandros Alexandros Grigoropoulos anarcha-feminism anarchism anarchist communism Anarchist Federation anarchists Angry not Apathetic Anti-Cuts anti-military anti-war anti cuts antifa Asylum Seekers Black Power class war communism credit crunch direct action edinburgh elections electoralism event Events feminism financial crisis G20 G20 Protests gaza gaza strip GE2015 glasgow Glasgow Anarchists glasgow city council glasgow university greece greek commentary greek riots Hetherington Research Club history Home Office international international solidarity Isa Muazu israel IWW london mayday metropolitan police nationalism News News/Opinion/Discussion No Borders palestine parliamentarianism police brutality politics protest queer Revolution save our schools scotland socialism Solidarity Strathclyde university Strike student activism Student Occupation Students UK Unite the Union Unity video wyndford primary
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: schools occupations
Parents have today occupied Wyndford and St Gregories primary.
In response to the councils threat to close 25 primaries and nurseries parents today took matters into their own hands and took possession of the schools.
At first police were threatening to use force to enter the building, secured shut by the parents, and to bodily remove them. However the large presence of supportive parents outside the school certainly dissuaded them from that course of action.
There will be a demonstration in support of the occupation at midday tomorrow.
People are also needed to put in shifts at the occupation.
The threat of closure of these schools affects all of us not just the parents and kids. It is a direct attack on all our communities.
See you there!